Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Share Articles, Chronology, Maps/Graphs
Link to CQ Researcher articles so that they can be accessed on or off campus.
The first step is to get a durable link for the article. For most databases, the URL you see in your browser address bar is a temporary link that will not provide access to the article for other users. The durable link will provide on campus access.
Try the Live Link
On Campus Access
In CQ Researcher you can get a durable link from:
- CiteNow!, Chicago style (quickest)
- Document URL at bottom of the page.
Off Campus Access
To provide off campus access, you'll need to add a prefix in front of the durable link so that COM students, faculty and staff can login with their COM ID to see the article.
Step by Step
- Go to CiteNow! above the article, select Chicago Style and copy the URL: http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/cqresrre2014062000
- Now add http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/cqresrre2019080200 in front of the URL so it can be accessed on or off campus.
- The combined URL: https://ezproxy.com.edu/login?url=http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/cqresrre2014062000
Use the Email a link back to...option above the article to email yourself or someone else the combined URL so that it can be accessed off campus with a COM ID.
Share a Folder
Share via Email Tool
Email via the Email a link back to...Tool
To email the full report or a specific section of a report, you can use the Email drop-down menu at the top of the page. From the menu, select the section that you would like to email and follow the instructions in the pop-up window.